Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What about Wednesday?

If you have visited us you know that our group is very generous. Most of us contribute to special charity quilts like the ones going now to benefit and honor one of our members daughter. Today I want to share with you another wonderful charity based blog.

Jan over at http://sewmanyquiltstoolittletime.blogspot.com/ heads up a program to deliver quilts to those affected by some horrific wild fires in Australia. She has some very heart warming stories about delivering quilts to people who have been left with nothing. I have been following her blog for several months now and shame on me, I have not sent anything to help out. Today that will change.

My challenge to you, send a block or two. It may not seem like much but if we all do this I would imagine that a quilt or two could be created. I know it is an International address for those of us in the USA but if you put them in a small manila envelope with four stamps for one block and five stamps for two it will make it there without any problems.

We here in the good old USA sometimes forget that there are people hurting and in need in other places around the world. So jump quilting sisters and spread some love across the globe.

1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful post ... does anyone out there use vintage feedsack remnants, as I have some I could donate to this venture ...
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete